CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

I have no idea what color my hair is!

I decided that I was going to start dying my hair myself (again) a few weeks ago. I used to have it down pat on what to get at Sally's to dye it blonde. Well, I haven't tried red myself, yet. So today I went to Sally's, with Roman I might add, and spent thirty minutes looking at colors. I finally picked a pretty red and was happy with my purchase. I, being ever so eager to get it done, went in the bathroom to mix my colors; two red two-ounce tubes, to four ounces of developer. I have to double the formula, use two, because my hair is so thick. My process: I poured the developer, opened a red tube and squeezed. I poured more developer and opened the second red tube (last step) and squeezed. BUT, red didn't come out the second tube, some shimmering gold did. See, here is a photo.

My delimma...what do I do? It is too late to go and exchange it as I have opened it all and it would be weird to bring the bowl into the store. It is a hassle when my hair is already sectioned off into many pieces thirsting for color. So, after very little thought and lots of bravery (or stupidity), I mix it up and start painting my hair. Let's see what comes of this. If it is hideous, I just have to wear it like that out tonight and to a bachelorette party this weekend out of town. Then I can fix it. If it is wonderful, I have no idea how to get that color again.
And I am absolutely positive the boxes and inside tubes were identical because I checked them twenty times after "the incident".

2 comments:

Raising Davis Darlings said...

okay, now you got me curious! how did it come out???

Andrea said...

It is a lighter reddish, not what I was going for, but decent for not knowing the mix. I was scared, but I can't really complain. lol