CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My heart is tattered

The murder trial of my friend Brandi Hawkins Laurent is no longer scheduled two weeks away, for January 25, 2010. Today, the lawyer for LLL III requested a continuance on the murder trial and I found out about this one hour before it was scheduled to happen. I thought for sure it would get denied. It has already been two years and five months since he murdered her. Nothing new has occured in the past two years since he was arrested in January 2008. He has had the same defense attorney for the past two years. I thought there was NO WAY he would get it granted, giving all the family (and county) has had to go through. Well, guess what, it was granted! We now have to wait four more months. April 19, 2009 is the new date. I am sick. My heart hurts. I don't understand and am a tad confused about our justice system at the moment. I hope God has a plan, cause I don't see any good in this.

No comments: