CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

45 days; oh, and 8 months to go

I haven't blogged in about a month and a half (45 days) and I do miss it at times; other times, I don't. A lot has happened over the weeks, including a wonderful Christmas, a happy new year, a death in the family and a new life created.
Every Sunday you will find Jude and I at a church that I absolutely love! It is amazing what God can do in your life. I wish I had found this church sooner.
Wednesday nights I recently started attending a small covenant group within the LCC and am enjoying it. The kids still love going to church! Life has been wonderful in an amazing Godly way. Last week we were presented with fasting for three weeks of prayer. I decided to fast from Facebook, something I do way too much and find pleasure in. It was hard the first few days but I think I got the hang of it. I have been reading some great books to make up for all my empty time. So maybe, just maybe, with this new found time, I will figure out how to manage my time better and be able to blog again.
Aiden got "Student of the Month" at school a few days ago. Yes, my little man is the complete opposite when under other's care. He is an angel. lol Nine months of school, twenty students in class, he was one picked. Yay Aiden!! Cullen also had all A's, B's, and one C on his report card for his studies. Conduct is all C's too. The boy likes to talk. He can't help it. He was so down on himself the day he got his grades. I was super proud of him! It's like we weren't looking at the same report card. (I know he can pull that C up and give his momma an honor roll once this year.)
In other news, sadly, Jude's Maw Maw passed away on Thursday at four in the morning. She hadn't been doing well and hospice had come in about two weeks ago to help with her care while she spent her last days at home. She had seven children (including Jude's dad), many grandchildren, great grandchildren, and even one great-great grandchild. She was 86 years old. I'd say she lived a long, happy, fulfilled life. She was a woman to admire and I am sure she is enjoying her stay in heaven. Her services were yesterday and it was a beautiful thing to witness. She packed a church!
On the morning of her passing, we got a call at 7:00 a.m. I was waiting to take a pregnancy test as it got closer to my due cycle. It was three days before my missed cycle but I knew New Years Eve night was a success. I just knew it! (Yes, we started trying in December.) So when the phone rang, I woke to run to the bathroom and do my thing. Sure enough, there was a very faint pink extra line. I was sad about Maw Maw and happy to have new life inside of me. That day will never be forgotten. Jude and I are expecting another baby!
For the question, "Are you hoping for that girl?", well, I am just hoping for a healthy baby. I put so much hope into my last child (Roman) being a girl, that when I found out it was a he, I was devastated. I cried and cried. I don't want to do that to myself again. I'll take another boy! At least I will know what to do with him. I'll have hand me downs, too. We can always have another:) I am four weeks and our due date is September 25, 2010. We are so excited to add to our family!

11 comments:

Blair said...

Oh! What wonderful news! I am so happy for you and glad it happened so quickly!

I hope you have an easy 1st trimester and can't wait to see what God has in store for you!

Raising Davis Darlings said...

Andrea I am so happy for you! I am secretly hoping for a girl for you but know that you will be just as happy with a new baby boy. Hope your pregnancy is a very easy one!

The Elliott Family said...

Congratulations!!! I am so exicted for you. I can't wait to hear what you are having! YEAH!!!

Andrea said...

Thanks, ladies:)

Amy said...

Well, you know how I feel about this new addition. And if you were unsure, call me, and I will do my parade around the house once again for you :)

Linda said...

CONGRATS!!!! That's so exciting!

Amanda said...

I am glad to see the blogging back. And Amy and I are going to throw you the BEST baby shower EVER!!! Love ya~!

Sara said...

Congratulations!!!! I hope everything is smooth - and can't wait to find out what you're having!!! Keep us posted!

Angele said...

Congratulations!! That is wonderful news!!!

Andrea said...

Thank you all!

Courtney said...

CONGRATS!! I just read your post for the first time today and am so happy for you. Can't wait to hear what you're having!