CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Where do babies come from?

This past week we told the boys we were having another baby. There have been a lot of questions coming in ever since then. They want to know if it will be a boy or a girl. They like to discuss names. They all seem very involved and it is precious. So, I was bathing Aiden Sunday and he asked me where do babies come from. I snickered and yelled the question to Jude so he could get a giggle. As I was deciding the best answer in my head, Jude yells back, "From a flower". (Flower=girl part here) When I heard that, I quickly told him they come from the belly. Aiden says "Nu-uhh, I know where babies come from", smirking. I asked where and he replied, "From a flower." I could have died. I think he knew I was BS'ing at that point because Daddy spoke the truth. He's four and he now knows where babies come from. Cullen is ten and still doesn't know this interesting fact!
Which brings me to this. My four year old schooled my ten year old on where babies come from. Cullen came home Monday morning from his dads and we were on our way to Jude's Maw Maw's funeral. We're in the car and I hear Aiden say so proudly, "I know where babies come from!". Cullen replies, "Me too! They come from the stomach." Aiden says "Nu-uhhh, no they don't. They come from *insert motions pointing to himself down below*". Cullen says, "No they don't!" Aiden, "Yes they do! They come from a flower!". At this point, Jude and I are cracking up laughing. Cullen tries to tattle on Aiden and the truth comes out. Both boys now know where babies come from THANKS TO DAD. I did add that technically, babies come from both areas, it just depends on your delivery.
_____________________________________________________
The other day Aiden and I were playing around rough and I told Aiden "I made you. I brought you into this world and I can take you out." Without skipping a beat, Aiden replied "You didn't make me, GOD DID!". He is too smart (mouthed).

No comments: