CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Aiden turns 5!


Today, Mr. Aiden Bo Jaiden woke up a five year old. When I told him happy birthday this morning and congratulated him on turning five, he informed me he was not five yet. According to him, people have to sing to you and give you cake before your age changes. Oh, if that were the case, wouldn't life be perfect?! I'd still be twenty.
He had a (snack) party at school involving Spiderman cupcakes, singing, and he brought home a very handsome birthday crown that he wore today. Once he got home, Roman and I baked him a cake.

The family went to McD's for dinner (Aiden's favorite place to dine out) and we all came home to eat cake, ice cream, and open presents.

The past five years have aged me ten, but I wouldn't change them for the world. Aiden, whose name means fiery, has probably given me the most stories to tell out of all three children in their toddler years. As a second child, he has forced me to grow as a mother and has given me totally different challenges than his older brother ever did. He whines and makes me want to stick sharp pencils in my ears, but then he cuddles and makes me forget all about it. He argues with me about almost everything, but then he goes to school and gets perfect conduct, which makes up for it. He screams the loudest screams imaginable at home, and in public, but then he says, and does, some of the sweetest things in the world and I melt. It is a very give and take relationship with him, but he is mommy's pride and joy and I can't wait to see what he has in store for me over the many years ahead.
He's just perfect! Beautiful!
One of his Lego presents he put together tonight

No comments: