CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Roman, the boss

Roman rarely gets fussed/corrected, as I find him to be a pretty easy child. Lately, he has been getting into mischief (trouble) and these are the things I hear when I tell him to behave.

Me: I tell him to stop doing something.
Roman: With his finger over his mouth, "Ssshhhhhh! Ssshhhhhh!" to me, every time I try to speak


Me: Correcting him in the car, or again, telling him to stop doing something
Roman: "You stop talking to me!" repeating himself over and over again

Me: "Roman, here's your dinner", putting the plate in front of him
Roman: "Not theees!", pushing the plate away, two, three, four times

Me: "Roman, give me a kiss."
Roman: "No!"
Me: Pretending to cry and be sad
Roman: "You go cry!!" pointing me away

Me: Turning the radio up in the car a tiny notch
Roman: "That's too loud!" "That's too loud!"
Me: Turns it down

The other day...
Me: Laying in the recliner, I jump up to tell him to stop stepping on the baby bouncer we just got
Roman: Talking over me, "You lay down!", repeating himself every time I try to speak "You lay down!" pointing his finger at me


My least, least favorite...
Any time I smack his little hand or pop him on his baby butt for this back talking, he screams "KISS IT!" "KISS IT!" and will continue to push whatever body part it is in front of me so my mouth will grace it.
He did it to me in public at the airport the other day when he kept throwing my iphone that he was watching. I smacked his hand after the third time and he yelled "Kiss it!" repeatedly, loud. I turned many shades of red as I tried to hush him, eventually caving and kissing it.

I just don't think he understands he is two and I am thirty two.

1 comment:

Blair said...

Oh, I love it!

Looks like Frances might have met her match in Roman! :)