CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Blue eyed boys picking blueberries

A friend of ours found a great little farm on the Northshore for picking blueberries and that is what these blued eyed people did with their MF's today. It was such a great day. The weather was a tad bit hot but it is June in Louisiana, so it is expected. Roman had so much fun being "allowed" to pick things off the bushes. He is usually getting fussed for picking flowers and such. Aiden had a blast with his buddy, Xan the Man. Cullen was home, so he came with. He has been pretty awesome with his little brothers lately, playing with them, chasing them for me, loving them, etc. I think my boy is growing up. Wait, brb.....I had to go knock on wood. :)





The plan is to make blueberry muffins with our collection.
After, we stopped at the local grocery for a few items and it started raining on us. We hopped in the car, but not before I noticed a Lincoln in the parking lot that couldn't start. It kept trying, but never would start. So, I was feeling a little nice and I pulled up next to it, in the rain, to ask if they needed help. At this point, while I was motioning for the person to roll down the really dark tinted windows, I worried what I might have gotten myself into. A man in his fifties rolled down the window and he was quite big. I asked him if I could help and he said he could use a jump. With all three boys in the car (not smart) I turned my vehicle around and as I was opening the hood, I said "You're not going to hurt me, or you?" He said no and actually looked to be a little crippled. I felt better. As he was setting it all up, I made sure to make plenty of eye contact with everyone in the parking lot (which was semi-busy) so if anything happened, maybe someone would remember me. Those thoughts were actually going through my head. When the jump didn't work, I was about to leave and he asked if he could use my cell phone. "Sure, no problem." He then says "I am a father of two girls and I always tell them not to do this. I'm a grandpa, too. I just want to thank you for stopping to help me." I felt I had done a good deed for the day and was very pleased I survived it all! The things I do before thinking them through...
That afternoon, we were all rained out for swim lessons so we stayed indoors the rest of the day.
When night time came, I was able to get out of the house for a mommy meeting. I love my time with my boys, but I LOVE my time away. Adult time.

No comments: