CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

No more boob tube

I am trying something new this week. Actually, it will be for a month. No television for the little ones. No video games, like Wii. I wonder if I can do it. I feel like they watch way too much television here. It can't be healthy. Even if it is Disney. It is totally my fault. I understand this. Television is a great babysitter, as sad as that is to admit. So today we painted a masterpiece, ran errands, and went to the park for about a half an hour; too hot to stay any longer. We interacted a little more than mommy could handle, but I am sure as time passes it will get better. Right?!
Last month, I purchased two hundred dollars worth of canvases for my mommy group and we ended up not needing them. My plan was to return them but at the rate we are going here, I will need them, and then some. Must find things to do. Must find things to do...
Maybe I will pick up a new hobby. I just poured a glass of Juicy Juice and it sure smells like it would go great with some rum! :)




1 comment:

Amanda said...

If you remember, I've been working on the no TV for a while. We actually started back today now that I am feeling better. I agree it is hard, BUT it makes the TV so much more interesting when you do actually turn it on!! Hannah doesn't nap so she gets to watch TV while Eli naps for an hour and a half, and they get to watch TV while I make dinner. Let me tell you, once they haven't had it on all day, they REALLY watch it once its on!!!