CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Bon Voyage! day 1

At twelve o'clock, I was almost done packing to take our five year anniversary cruise to the Bahamas when I couldn't find my camera. I was searching high and low, and as time was ticking by, I was begining to panic. I had searched my purse so many times, the swim bag, the boys diaper bag, the sofa, etc. I couldn't imaging leaving without my camera. Just as I had given up, and had convinced myself that a disposable camera would be just as good, I found it. You do not know the excitement I received at that very moment. Every thing was going to be okay!
Us, orange, waiting in line to board at customs

We boarded the ship and our room was right inside; literally two doors in. Easy enough. I was impressed with the window view, as our last cruise had a little port hole of a window with a jogging track in front of it.
Our room for the next seven days

We walked the ship, trying to get a sense of direction on it. We had lunch, caught a beautiful sunset on the very back of the boat, and watched different towns as we cruised down the Mississippi river, trying to guess which town was which.
Cruising down the Mississippi River


It was a lovely evening. That night, we had dinner in our assigned seating. It was right by the server station. What is funny is Jude and I are kind of cursed, if you want to call it that. It seems like no matter where we go out to eat, we are ALWAYS sat by the server station. It is a joke between us. Sometimes we ask to be moved, as we do not go out to eat that often because of the kids, and it kills me to think of our fun night out next to the noise nook. This cruise, not that big of a deal. After dinner, we went to bed early as I have a nasty cold and Jude is catching it.