CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Bremer's Bliss

Tonight I went to a wedding that was an honor to attend. I got to witness Mr. and Mrs. Dwayne Bremer profess their love. How I met them is a little funny story and I would like to share. When Brandi went "missing", I helped in trying to locate her. I was so happy to nail an interview with the local news station a few weeks into her disappearance for her mom AND leo. When all was said and done, and the news was broadcasted that evening, I wanted to hide under a rock. Leo got on television and said Brandi was a drug user, amongst other things. I got my first dose of how the media can turn and twist things around for a sensationalized news story. Some time goes by and I get a myspace message from a newspaper reporter, wanting to do a story on Brandi. The first thing I did was call Ms. Anita (Brandi's mom) and ask her opinion on what to do. She said to write him back and tell him to wait a few days, we would be in touch. If I remember correctly, I gave him my phone number and he called me. I knew he went to the same high school as Leo and I was very scared of the press at this point. After speaking to him though, and feeling him out, my opinion was he was sincere and truly concerned about Brandi and her well being. He wrote a nice article in the MS local paper and a small admiration for him began to bud. I had never met him face to face. One day, me and a few of Brandi's friends were posting flyers around town and we went into the Diamondhead bowling alley. In the bar, watching a football game, was this familiar looking man I had never met before. Things like that always happened on our mission to find Brandi. Ironic. I approached him and immediately we were all deep in conversation about this strange occurrence and about Brandi. We kept in touch and he religiously wrote/writes stories to keep her name, and now case, out there. I built a friendship with a stranger off of respect and admiration and I hope this couple stays in my life long after the Leo saga. (Later, Dwayne introduced me to another reporter from another local paper, J.R., whom I also have a huge amount of respect for and I can never repay these two fine gentlemen for all they have done.) When I met Dwayne's girlfriend, Mary Ann, I thought they were an adorable couple and wondered why this great couple hadn't married. They dated for nine years, eleven months, and so many days, and on their tenth anniversary of meeting, they married. Sweet. Marriage rocks! Their wedding was fun, the food and music were great, and the company was awesome. Now they will live their happily ever after! Congrats to the bride and groom and I am positive many happy years are in store for those two love birds!

PHOTO BY BREEZY

No comments: