CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Forgive and forget

That is what I have been working on these days. Since Jude and I have been attending church, I am trying to change a few things in my life. I will admit that I find it very hard to do these two things, forgive and forget. My life motto is "Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you." Seriously. But do I really live by it? I thought I did. I am not sure why I never added the two together before (treating others/forgiving). I always want to be forgiven, so why do I not even try to do this for other people. I think it takes a lot more energy (negative, at that) to dislike someone than it does to just move on past things, forgive, and forget. I asked my boys to do it at least twenty times a day. It is always "Say you're sorry, give him a hug, now go play!". I should be leading by example. In the carpool line for school, I have an issue with people cutting in line while there are twenty cars lined up behind me. I am working on not letting that get the best of me. I actually want to get out the car and explain the rules to people, but I haven't. I let this drive me nuts. I am now going to let them in (which I never do) and immediately brush it off because maybe they have somewhere more important to go or maybe they are ignorant to the rules and I can't blame them for that...not following the simple courteous rules of car drop off and pick up. I will just say a little prayer for them. Even the repeat offenders. Oh, I remember like an elephant! The area this is the hardest in is with Leo and Brandi. I try to think of ways to forgive him but I can't come up with any. It HAS to happen one day. It only tears me apart, not HIM. So in closing, if I have in any way held a grudge with you or anyone you know, it is gone! Bye Bye! See you later. I am working on what I consider one of my worst flaws and I hope to get well soon. At least I can admit I have a problem:)

No comments: