CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Judgement day is coming


Today I woke up way early so I could get to court in Mississippi for LLL III's 'Change of Venue' motion. I was in a fantastic mood and feeling great, until I got about two blocks from the court house. All of a sudden I felt my entire body tense up, realizing I was going to be seeing LLL III in mere minutes. I parked and met my friends,

then walked to the court house. As we stood outside, we watched the jurors walk in to the courthouse. As one person was approaching, I thought it was a girl Jessica that comes to court sometimes and I started waving to her (like an idiot). It wasn't her. I apologized and laughed at myself. As me and my girls giggled about it, Rachael made a comment like "Hey Sara, ...", making fun of me. As the stranger walked past, this guy next to us said "Hey Sara, how are you?". It was actually her name. How crazy is that?! Brandi at work. Anywho, today was a hearing with twelve jurors answering questions on whether or not they knew of the case and if they thought Leo could get a fair trial in Hancock County.
Read the details of the hearing, here:
The Sea Coast Echo news-by Dwayne Bremer

We waited outside for LLL III's sheriff's car to arrive so we could see him but it was nine o'clock and court was set to began. I definitely wanted a front row seat so I ran upstairs. Luckily, they have large windows and I was able to get a seat and watch through the window for his arrival. He pulled up in his convict striped jumpsuit and did his walk of shame into the courthouse while I recorded it all on my cell. When he walked in the room, I was sitting front and center, along with Brandi's other friends, Breezy, Rachael, Jennifer, and Ms Mary. The courtroom was almost empty with seats and lack of people. As he walked past, he took a glance over at us. Once seated, it took a few minutes, but then he did it...he made eye contact with me...us. He wasn't holding his head down in shame any longer. He was actually making eye contact this time, compared to all the other court dates we attended. I was surprised, but made sure I did a stare to make him uncomfortable. He is still blank behind the eyes. No emotion! When they started calling the jurors in, the first juror was my friend's sister. I started to cry a little with the realization of all that was taking place. She would be a great person to sit on the jury but I know she knows too much and has already convicted him in her mind. I sat in my seat not wanting jurors that were partial...to Brandi...against Leo. It's not morally right. I don't know why I felt those feelings, but I did. Maybe because I wouldn't want it to be the other way around. I wouldn't want Leo to have "people on his side" sitting on the jury. I can say now that I honestly want a fair trial. I know he will be convicted with a fair trial. I surprised myself. Maybe that was the reason for the tears. Anyway, as each juror came in one by one, I saw a pattern. Majority knew about the case and had formed an opinion. That's great! Great in two ways. One, they only have a few pieces of information and have made a guilty decision in their mind. I feel secure knowing the trial, with all the evidence released and information out, will bring Brandi justice. Two, Brandi's friends always worried that her name and case wasn't getting enough attention and this was proving we were incorrect. At some point, Staci entered in the room and sat front row with us, showing Brandi some support. Six decent women sitting front row, no men, and still they keep way too many sheriff's officers surrounding him with his bullet proof vest on. Crazy to me. When the hearing was ending, LLL III's attorney, "BA", took the floor and stated his case. I was actually in agreement with most of what he had to say; LLL III would not be able to get a fair trial. The judge granted the change of venue and will be announcing the new venue within the next month. When LLL III got up to leave, I ran downstairs so I could get a great photo op. I did! We bid him farewell with a few waves

and made a decision to go out to eat lunch. Chatting, I look over and see BA (LLL III's defense attorney) getting into his vehicle. I quickly decided to approach him, without much thought, and ask him "Let me know what hotel you will be staying at for this change of venue because I would love to stay at the same hotel as you." I have a gazillion questions to ask. He said we would do (liar) and we chatted uncomfortably for a second or two. I walked off, someone else spoke to him for a minute, and then my ass had another "bright idea". I approached him again and said "Hey, can you tell Leo to call me? I would love to talk with him now, after the fact." He asked who I was, as if he didn't know we were the bitches that pursued his client and, as part of a large group, had him thrown in the slammer. I entertained him by revealing my identity and then got into another uncomfortable discussion. I asked him how he could defend a person like that, how he could be a defense attorney, how he could sleep at night I asked if he went to church, told him I was very happy to hear he did, told him I was working on forgiving LLL III and I am finding it hard to do this without speaking with him. I explained I thought his client was guilty from the beginning, that I used to talk to his client more than I liked while searching, and now want to speak with him for my closure, not necessarily looking for answers from him. We ended the conversation on a decent tone and I walked back to my group of girls. When we arrived at the restaurant,

there were some sheriff's sitting together and we were seated right next to them. All of a sudden, the lead investigator (middle of pic) walks in and sits with them.

We got a kick out of that as we tried to eavesdrop on their conversation and hear any "behind the scenes" details we could get. We also tried to take inconspicuous photos to detail the day. We think we may have heard where the trial is taking place. As we carried on in conversation, we were talking, but listening to our surroundings. Hard to communicate with each other when no one at our table is listening to each other. lol Then, in through the door walks BA. I didn't notice and Rachael nudged me and said "Look who's here." Well guess where he was seated...at the table right next to us. It was him and two women. I guess they were going to discuss the case. HA! As he was about to sit, I said "Hi Brian!" a little excited (to annoy him). The look on his face was priceless, as we were all staring at him and saw the face. He had the look of "Oh, shit, great!". Then he says "Truce?". I said "Truce" and we continued to enjoy our lunch and now tried to listen to three conversations, all while carrying on our own. Talk about a hard task! What are the chances that we were seated at that table with all the people seated RIGHT next to us. Brandi! When we were about to leave, I decided to order him dessert; a chocolate brownie a la mode. After all, he did win. Let this be his only victory and celebrate it. Next court hearing, he will be a loser. I am sure of this. When the server brought the brownie to his table, she stated it was from our table. He looked and we all smiled our silly looking smiles, like a tad psycho. We shared a few more delightful words and then we left. I do not want to hate this man the way I hate LLL III. I find myself doing this. I want to understand how a person like him can do a job like he does. I am aware he is here to clean up LLL III's mess. I understand they (defense atty) are not emotionally involved. I just hope/pray he does a sucky job at defending him. He knows he's guilty! There is no question of that. We waited outside, and probably scared BA, thinking we were stalking him, but we were waiting for MeMe to meet us.

She visited for a few and we all departed. I'm sure he is considering harrassment charges. lol All in all, today was a good day to me. I felt good about the court's decision to move the case to another county, and besides the minor inconvenience, I am sure he will be convicted where ever he goes. Guilt follows!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Andrea! Brandi would be proud to know she has so many friends still sticking up for her! -Tracy

melinda said...

Yes, thanks for the update!
I wish I could have been there with ya'll but I have been sick all week, still not feeling well.
I loved reading your take on the whole thing.
Melinda

ELSIE said...

MUWAHHHHHHHHH, OUR LIL JOURNALIST! ~ ELSIE