CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Our pre-4th of July weekend

When Jude and I take off to a hotel alone for a few days (for work, play, whatever) I am usually ready to see my kids when the time is up; but if given the opportunity, I would stay just a few more days alone with Jude, as I really enjoy the one on one time with him. Well, after spending four nights in Hattiesburg for the trial of my murdered friend, going through all the emotions, I was so super happy to get home to our boys and spend some quality time with them. I missed them so much! I just wanted to eat them up. Jude is still on vacation till Monday, so we are able to spend time with them together.

Thursday:
When we got in town, we picked the boys up and went to the mall. We bought the two little ones their first pair of flip flops and they are so adorable wearing them. We shopped a little, rented the boys a movie, and came home to our own comfy beds. The beds in Hattiesburg did nothing for me and it was really hard to sleep during that time.

Friday:
I was so exhausted from all week that I literally stayed inside all day, mostly laying in bed or on the recliner. I did nothing. For dinner, we went to our favorite Chinese restaurant where the boys were little terrors and they didn't eat a thing. I was so happy to get home and put them straight to bed. Ummm, I mean, I knew the next day was going to be fun filled and they needed their beauty sleep. lol

Saturday:
Jude and I woke up at 10 a.m. and thought for sure the boys had snuck out of their room quietly and were running the house. Nope. They, to our amazement, were still sleeping. It must have been all the energy they burned getting into trouble the night before at the restaurant. We all got dressed and went for beignets. Then, we headed to MS to ride the beach and enjoy some time at the local Crab Fest.

It was so hot that I started melting as soon as I got out the car. Not sure what I was thinking there. The boys rode a few rides,


we had snoballs, and they were ready to go home. You know it's hot when you still have ride tickets and the kids just want to leave. As we were walking to our car, we passed a shaded park that was perfect to play on.


The boys had some fun and finished their snoballs

while Jude and I sat in the air conditioned car right by them with the windows down. I ran into a few people I knew at the fair and it really makes me miss home. I miss running into familiar faces at every corner:( I miss the water, even if it isn't the prettiest water you've ever seen, and the memories of growing up around there. I miss it all!
On our way home we rented the boys another movie and then took naps. Later, we went to watch some fireworks

at the local park, which were beautiful, and then grabbed some McD's for dinner. All in all, it was a very nice day!
Here are two preggo shots from today, at the six month mark. Three months to go!


Cullen is at his dad's house till Sunday and we miss him much. When I told Aiden we were going to spend some family time together Saturday morning, his response was "We will do the best we can since Cullen's not here. He's at his dad's because he has two families." So cute.
*All photos were taken with my cell, as I forgot my camera on this beautiful day.

No comments: