CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Can you dig it?


Today was Aiden's pre-kindergarten classes field trip to the zoo and I signed myself up to chaperon. It was a gorgeous day and the animals were out

enjoying the nice, cool weather. When we arrived, we all went in different directions, as the class didn't have to stay together. I got cute little (big handful) Drew again.

He is so stinkin' cute, a foot shorter than Aiden and he hugs all over him so much.

As we were walking, we passed a different school and they were all grouped together, seated in a little hut, listening to an educational story. Aiden takes a look and says proudly "They're learning stuff and we're not!". True, son. True. I tried to let the two little boys lead me so I wouldn't be pushing them to complete the zoo in the two plus hours that we had. If they wanted to stop and stare at a plant, that is what we did. Well, they found the huge sand box in one part of the zoo and they wanted to play.

It was empty of children. I thought, "Why the hell not?". So I sat on the bench and watched them play in the sand most of our time at the zoo. They dug, dug, and dug some more. Sand was flying!

I asked them a few different times if they were ready, and each time they were not. I giggled listening to all the different school children pass and ask to play in the sand and hearing the responses from all the teachers and parents. I seemed to be the only crazy one that didn't mind, and my two pre-k'ers had a BLAST! Sand brushed right off. After, we rode the train and it was time to go back on the bus.

Today was a successful day in pre-k land.



No comments: