CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Son-day

My little gang got up this morning and were getting into mischief. When I heard all the ruckus, I climbed out of bed and asked the Sunday question, "Do you boys want to go to church?". Why yes, they do! We all dressed and headed out the door. Jude was working today, but took a lunch to meet us there. All was swell till Roman's child care number flashed across the big church screen. I asked Jude "Is that us?" as I fumbled for the sticker with Roman's name and number id on it. He was already getting up to go. I said nicely, "You stay here, I'll go", but Jude wouldn't accept. He was out the door in the blink of an eye and I followed behind in under a minute. I tried to stay seated, but couldn't. Our little man had thrown up all over himself in child church. Jude kindly left with Roman, and me and the other two angels (HA) stayed at the service. After three hours at church (we had lunch there), we returned home. God, I love that place:) I did a lot of cleaning, and regular boring stuff a fortunate housewife gets to do.
When Jude came home, he was ready to watch the Saints game on the TiVo. Now, I am not a big football fan, but the passion Jude has for the Saints makes me slightly dislike watching it with him. If they are winning, he is in a great mood, and lovely to be around. But if they are losing, you would think someone had just killed his dog. He is an angry man and has little football tantrums. It takes all the fun out of watching the game with him. I try to avoid it if at all possible. So, I decided to take Cullen out for a movie. Spend a little one on one time with him. He was excited. I left it up to him if we would bring Aiden, and you can guess where Aiden spent his evening. The movie was "A Christmas Carol" and it had awesome 3-D effects.

I personally found it hard to understand their accents and it got a bit scary at times toward the end, but it was a must see for the theater. At one point, Cullen and I sat and were holding hands. It was soooo sweet. He leaned over and said "Mom, when you and I go places alone, I feel like I grow closer to you each time". I said with a smile "Yeah, right, you just want me to take you more places alone". He insisted he was serious and I believe in his little heart, it is true. He would sell his two little brothers in a heartbeat to be an only child! I really enjoyed our Sunday time together, and so did he.
GO SAINTS!! 8-0

1 comment:

Raising Davis Darlings said...

Awwwh, what a sweet thing to say!! Makes your heart melt!