CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Friday, November 27, 2009

A stand up kinda guy

This morning I noticed part of my old sewing kit was on the ground. Aiden has learned how to break open the baby lock on the pantry, so I assumed it was him.

I keep all their games, colors, puzzles, etc. in there and my sewing stuff. I went into the toy room and started fussing at Aiden while Ro watched from the kitchen table. It went a little something like this:
"Aiden, didn't I tell you NOT to go into the pantry?! You know better! Just because you can open the lock doesn't mean you should. How many times do I need to tell you to STAY OUT of there..." The entire time that Aiden was trying to speak, I didn't want to hear it. He was saying it was Roman. He usually blames everything on his little brother. As I carried on about how upset I was that my things were all over the ground, Roman chimes in from the kitchen and says "I did that!" loud and proud. I stopped fussing long enough to ask Roman to repeat himself. "I did that!" he said proudly, again.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It was so funny, and yet so honorable of him. He is going to learn REAL quick about tattling on himself in this house. As far as I know, the rules are always blame your brother. In the end, they both needed fussing because it was team work that inspired it all. One opened the door, and one messed with my stuff. The honesty, that goes down in the books!

No comments: