CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

"Are they all yours?"

Jude and I took all three boys out to eat tonight at a local pizza place; something we rarely do. First of all, it is hard to enjoy dinner with three young kids at the table, each wanting something, and getting into whatever trouble they can get into. Roman is a handful alone. Second of all, dinner for five at a restaurant is costly when one is trying to budget. Well, tonight we braved it, grabbed a coupon, and went to a very child friendly place. I have to admit, the kids did great and dinner was under twenty bucks. Yay! We did have three different people comment to us about our large broad; the title is just one of them. We forget how big of a family three kids and two parents can appear these days. Five people at a table? Whoa. It seems normal to me until I see a family like us, and then I'm like, "Wow, that's a lot of people over there". lol
Add another child? Still an option to us. God only knows!
Earlier in the day, we went to the cemetery to see Paw Paw Jake's dad and Paw Paw Jake's grandma and grandpa for All Saint's Day. The kids didn't seem to mind being in a cemetery until I told Aiden what was inside the boxes. "There are dead people in there. It is bones and skulls of people that once were alive." Aiden, "Huh? What?!!". Yes, my dear, we are among the dead. Then he had questions. Cute questions. Like why are their rocks on top of the boxes? If the cement is cracked, can you see in? So on and so on. I wanted him to stop trying to climb on everything and the truth was the only thing I could think of to stop him. It worked!
(All pictures courtesy of my iphone.)






No comments: