CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Big D


On Good Friday, we left on a nine hour car trip to see family in Farmersville, TX. It was Jude, myself, Cullen, Aiden, Roman, Julia, Jake, and Isabella (the inlaws dog). We all fit in the suburban quite comfortably. We had a great time there and the boys had smiles for five days straight.
We went to see our Aunt Kay on her ranch. She is the wife of Julia's brother, Sonny (Jude's uncle and godfather), who passed away about four years ago. Sonny has one son, Kenny, from a previous marriage who is a little older than Jude. All the family is close there.
On the ranch, she has a nice large beautiful home that they had just built about a year before Uncle Sonny passed. Then, also on the ranch, they have a house for Elaine, Kenny's ex-wife. Elaine and Kenny were married for a few years and they have three kids together: Matthew, Elise, and Lindsey. The kids get the advantage of living by there Mimi on the ranch with their mom. A few months after Jude and I got married, Kenny got remarried to Nichole and they have two children together, Hailey and Hayden. That is all the family we were visiting in Texas. There is another house on the ranch for the farm worker and his family. He has two little girls and they got to come play a lot, too.

Friday-we left at 7 am, stopped at Cracker Barrel for breakfast, and arrived in the evening. We had Dairy Queen for dinner and then went to the ranch. We called it an early night because we had big plans the following day.
Saturday-I woke up at 7:30 am and went for a mile and a half run in the country. It was nice. After, we took the boys to Six Flags and their cousin Lindsey came with us. I tried to take Cullen and Lindsey (who is 11) to ride the big kid rides, while Jude took Ro and Aiden on the smaller rides. At one point, we were all together on the train, the four kids sitting between us, and a lady leaned in and asked Jude "Do you all have enough kids?" OMG! How inappropriate. She continued to try and chit chat with him throughout the ride and I didn't get the scoop till after. I told Jude he should have told her "We like to #%*@!" It was a long day which ended with us eating at a Mexican restaurant.

Sunday-I woke up with my shins killing me. Apparently, my legs over did it the day before; but, it was Easter. We had a nice lunch and we had more family join us. I got to meet Jude's cousin's wife, Nichole, who I had only known through myspace and we hit it off. I think she is fantastic! If we lived closer, I would love to hang out more. We both took lots of pics of the kids Easter egg hunt and the day was a success. The males ended the day fishing and I thought I was going to go insane trying to keep Roman from touching everything in the house and getting into trouble outside. I needed a plan for Monday if they planned on fishing again.


Monday-We woke and decided to go buy the boys boots because the farm was wet and we wanted to visit the animals at some point. Also, the males wanted to go fishing again. After a trip "into town", a twenty minute drive to Wiley where the closest Walmart was, I decided to take Roman to the outlet mall in Allen, Premiere Outlet. Nichole lives near there so we met at her house first. Then, we all headed out shopping. What a nice time I had. I even found a great deal on a fabulous Coach purse that I took home with me. *Smiles* Jude wanted me home at a decent hour for fear of me driving on the country roads at night. They have no street lights there in Farmersville. On my way home, I got lost, of course. It took me a little over an hour to get home when it should have taken twenty five minutes or so. No worries, I made it home. We all watched a movie that night (do not rent "Nights in Rodanthe") after eating the days catch and went to bed.
Tuesday-Our last day there, we went to the Dallas Galleria and Jude took Cullen and Lindsey ice skating while Nichole and I took the younger ones to the mall play area. After, Kenny (Nic's husband) joined us and we all had lunch together. We tried to sneak off for a little shopping but got called back after only thirty minutes. There was so much to see there and yet no time to do it. We headed back to the farm because we were supposed to visit the farm animals and then go eat with the whole family. We took some pics there and were off to McKinney to eat at another Mexican restaurant. We had a nice dinner, the kids were even somewhat behaving themselves. On our way home, we decided to leave late on Wednesday so we could pack in the morning and the kids could burn some energy before the long car ride home.

Wednesday-We woke up early and all had breakfast together. I packed ALL morning and cleaned while Jude played with the kids outside and visited more of the farm. We baked Aunt Kay a cake because her birthday was the following Friday, so we could all sing to her. We left at 2pm and stopped at McD's for dinner, half way home. We all got home about midnight and we were all happy to be back in our own beds.


The trip was wonderful and I am so thankful Aunt Kay let us come stay for five nights. The memories the boys will have for years to come are priceless! They were also taught a lesson in relationships. You can NOT marry your cousin!! Lindsey and Elise charmed the boys so much that Aiden was trying to do toesies on them and all the boys were fighting for their attention. They are a very sweet family:)
CLICK FOR PICTURES

No comments: