CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hold the meat, please.

On April 8th, 2009, I was at the KVK reading a magazine that Jude bought me because of a book my mom bought us. Follow? It wasn't a magazine I would pick out but it was a "gift" from Jude because of a book called "Love Dare". So, as I was reading this magazine, there was a clip in there suggesting becoming a "vegetarian for a day". Now, I know a few people that have been vegetarians for fifteen years plus, and I also know a few that tried it and didn't like it. The lifestyle has interested me in the past few years since I learned what animal farms look like thanks to a myspace/youtube *video. As I sat there on the doorstep of the KVK with the sun shining down on me in the beautiful French Quarter with the weather perfect, I made a decision to try it for a month. I will be a vegetarian through the month of April. I am not a big meat eater anyway. If I eat a dish with meat in it, I always have meat leftover. If I cook a chicken breast, I only eat half. But, I love a good burger about once a month and would do many things for a nice juicy filet. I think I could sacrifice those red meats though for the good of the planet. I started reading a few articles online today (since my laptop is a functioning electronic again) and found them interesting. I think a lot more people would give up meat if they ever had to watch a video or read about animal farming. I almost wish I was still oblivious to it. I am not sure if I will stick with this or not but for the time being, I am just giving up meats, not dairy, not cheese, nor seafood. I found my official title online today to be a Lacto Ovo Vegetarian. lol
*I tried to find that video in a few short minutes but could not.
www.GoVeg.com
www.veggie123.com

No comments: