CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Put on your reading glasses, I have lots to say today

Post 1



Smarter than the average bear


Yesterday, we received a letter from a certain school saying Aiden was accepted into their program, but the space was limited and he is now on a waiting list. This was the school he tested to get into. The test he said he "didn't do good" on. I was so proud of my little man for scoring high enough. He has his father's brain and his mother's good looks. Oh, wait, he looks just like his father. Okay, he is ALL Jude. (Names have been removed to protect the innocent.)






As for the waiting list, Jude said it was kind of like getting accepted into Harvard but not having the funds to go there. I think the point of it all is that he GOT accepted. I am one proud momma. He scored high on Words and Letters, and I just want to thank Starfall.com for all their help. Aiden plays that by himself for long periods of time.






Post 2



Making the band


Roman wanted to play the drums this morning and I let him go at it. Aiden heard the beautiful music coming from the living room and decided to join in.
Hear the video:




Post 3


April Fool's Day


April Fool's Day is a very off day for me. A little depressing. Thirteen years ago, I was in a terrible relationship with a terrible person and I made lots of bad choices and mistakes. One is marked by April 1st. The last two nights I have had haunting dreams of that time in my life. The first night, after waking up, I told Jude about it and said I didn't know why I was dreaming of this person. Jude was a little concerned, too. In bed last night, as I was falling asleep, I realized today was going to mark a certain anniversary. That date haunts me every year, either consciously or subconsciously . I am thankful for all that I have in my life and I thank God I am where I am. I always took the wrong path in life up until a few years ago. One day, I would like to write about it all. One day.




Post 4


The MMM

In August of 2006, I was moving from Bayou Country to the place we are now and I wanted to find a group of other moms that I could relate to and hang out with. I had done this in Bayou Country, online, and was eager to do this in another new area. I didn't know many people here so I got right to it, prior to moving. I signed up for the local MMM and it was a small group. Within a day, the organizer who had started the group three months back, wrote me an email saying she was closing the group. She said she had asked others to take over, they didn't respond, and she was tired of the situation. She was a little abrasive and aggressive. I said I would take the organizer role on as I didn't want the group to close. Before I knew it, I was organizer, still living far away for a few weeks. I made my friend Amy join, which she was very willing to do, and we tried to make the group a success. Surprisingly, it came easily. We are part of a great group of moms and I recommend anyone to try it.
That being said, I feel a sort of ownership with this group. It is like a business, but there is no financial gain. It is a volunteer position. I may act like I own it at times but I know that I do not. It is just a sense of pride and ownership I feel for the group as a whole that may, at times, may, come off wrong. It is still my baby to me. I may not be right in how I feel, but I can at least admit that. I have left the position of organizer and assistant organizer to deal with a huge tragic event in my life, and as soon as it passed, I was back on board volunteering. A friend of mine went missing and it was later uncovered that her husband had murdered her. I say uncovered, instead of discovered, because a few of us knew this all along, we just needed the rest of the world to catch up with us. Her name was Brandi Hawkins Laurent and you can google her name to read more. There is lots to read there. Anyway, I was MIA from the group, actually, from my life, for over a year and a half. You cannot judge me or understand it unless you ever have to experience this yourself. I pray no one ever has to go through it. I know I am getting off topic, but my point in all this rambling is, some members may have joined when my life was shut off and I may have not been myself at that particular time. I apologize. The group has undergone lots of changes in leadership lately, but we are still moving in the right direction and the group is still going strong, almost three years later. My MF's (mom friends) have been a life saver to me and I do not plan on leaving the group until I am kicked out for having teenage children. LOL Okay, that is an exaggeration. Slight. To our members: I hope all of you enjoy the group just as much and if you ever have a problem with the group, I hope you will feel welcome to come talk to me. We, as organizers, want to try and make everyone happy!
The end.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I think the group is awesome, and thank for you keeping it going, and for allowing me to join.

Courtney said...

This group has been such a blessing and I can't thank you and all the other organizers enough for making it possible! We are so happy to be members and hope to be for as long as we live here!

StephBos said...

So, 1: YAY for Aiden!! Just goes to show how smart he is, he ALWAYS knows what he's doing! ;) Now that is something he gets from his mommy! hee hee hee...
2: I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE how close the boys are, I could see how well Aiden takes care of Ro at the zoo. Cherish it (I already know you do).
3: I know what today is, I'm sorry it still haunts you, I can only say that all of the events in your life that have happened to this point, BROUGHT you to this point. Think about what today would be like if you changed yesterday. I love you.
4: It also makes me sad the things I miss with you living in Louisiana and me in Mississippi. I WISH we lived in the same town, same road, same house if we had to, so we could share so much more in person instead of the phone or computer, or minute visits we have. I MISS MY SISTER. Again, I love you.
-Steph

Angele said...

The group is awesome and I honestly don't know if I could be a SAHM without it!!
Oh, and congrats to Aiden!

Blair said...

Way to go Aiden!! Just one question, how do they test a 4 year old on spelling!? Crap, my kids are going to be so behind. I am the WORST speller.

I too love our moms group. It is my sanity and I am so sad I have to leave it in June. I don't want to join a new group in a new city. No fun.