CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Too many children, not enough park

I woke up this morning and made myself a nice cup of coffee. With half the cup containing Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla coffee and the other half of the cup, milk, I set it on the kitchen counter and went to wake the kids. Roman was out the bedroom door as I was fooling with Aiden in the room. All of a sudden, I hear glass break and Ro crying. I fly to the kitchen to see Ro standing there with my favorite coffee cup in pieces and he is drenched in luke warm coffee. I get the big cleaning job done and rush us off to the gym, where I am ten minutes too late for the class. Thanks, Ro! I then work out all alone. After the gym, we decided to try the park out since we didn't do the zoo yesterday. The kids were dying to burn some energy. The first park we went to had three or four bus loads of children there from the city. It was packed and I couldn't keep track of my two. I called Liz and Amy and we decided to change parks. The second park only had one bus load there and it was the local parish public school kindergarten class. That wasn't so bad. Actually, Roman was very fond of the group and kept trying to sneak into their lunch circle. He took a class photo with them during their lunch. lol The weather was beautiful and we had a great time. On our way home, I decided to go to the mall and get Cullen's teacher a gift card because it was Teacher's Appreciation Week this week and I am a procrastinator. Once I am in the mall parking lot, I discover Roman is sleeping. I decided to leave there and just hit Rouses up so I could get a nice non-meat Catholic dinner for tonight and grab a g.c. there, kill two birds with one stone. I pull into Rouses, park, go to grab my purse and realize, wait, I left the dang thing at home this morning on accident. I have no money or id on me. I just sat there and thanked God I hadn't shopped and tried to check out before realizing it. I do not know where my mind is this week! Home we went. Jude will have to pick up dinner:)














2 comments:

Amanda said...

I think you like having your camera back!

Mellie said...

I love how you are always taking the kids to the park. We spend most of our days in the backyard. There really isn't a park close enough to be convienient, and it's such a struggle keeping up with daredevil Veronica.