CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sick and socializing

I woke up this morning not feeling well. My throat/neck area (middle ear infection) is hurting again and I think I need to visit my PCP. I visited urgent care this past Sunday and I think it is time for a follow up. I have been trying not to take my pain meds because I do not like how they make me feel. Years ago, I liked that dazed feeling. When you have three children at your feet, it is very hard to focus on the needy little ones. That doesn't change the fact that we have plans all day. I decide to tough it out, not take anything, and visit our MF's at Krisitin's house for a two year old (and older) playdate. The boys had a great time visiting with their friends as I sat there, uncomfortable, trying to visit with mine. We stayed for about an hour, and hit the grocery store on the way home. That was an experience. Roman and Aiden fought majority of the time there. At one point, Roman, sitting in the front of the buggy, bit the hell out of Aiden, who was walking. How? I do not know. Aiden screamed bloody murder, hit Roman, who hit Aiden, who hit Roman, you get the point, all while onlookers stared and giggled down the aisle. I was eager to get home where we all took naps. My nap lasted way longer than it should have. Jude was home early and I slept through it. I woke up, took a pill, and debated continuing on with my evening plans. With my girl friends, if you cancel plans, you are a SELL OUT to the fullest. I called three people and convinced myself to stay on board. We went to eat at a fabulous restaurant by the park for Christy's birthday.





No comments: