CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Breaking up is hard to do

While attending the Open House at the boys school last week, I went and seeked out the picture of the little girl Cullen is crushing on. When I read her last name, I instantly realized who her parents were. I brought Cullen to them immediately so he could meet them, and by the time they were done, Cullen was noticeably bummed. They basically, in a not so sweet way, told Cullen they do not approve of their daughter "liking" boys. They told him they could remain friends (duh, it's fourth grade, what else could possibly happen) and that the little girl was going to return the ring to him. He was so upset once we got in the car, and I felt for him, but honestly, he just got his first dose of the Protective Father/Mother. I think they tried to over explain themselves to a nine year old boy and they could have skipped it all and given the dose to me. I am not sure I would have let him buy a ring twenty four hours in to the "I like yous", but he did, and it is what it is. I hope he takes this as a life lesson to slow his roll and enjoy being a kid. Life goes by so fast, he will be worrying about kids of his own in no time. Well, I hope in twenty years time, but whatever. As I told Jude last night, if we don't teach him right right now, we could be grandparents in six years. He'd be fifteen. Kids have kids in high school these days. Hell, it happened often when I was in school. That is such a scary thought and I will do anything and everything to keep my Cullen on the straight and narrow.
The little girl, since that evening, has been out with the swine flu. Nice. I am waiting to see what the outcome of all of this is. Lesson to be learned: Messing around with girls will get you cooties!

No comments: