CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Destin, in 24 hours

A few of our friends (Amy, Andie, Heather and Mandy w/ Alex, Scott, Eric, and Ben) planned a trip to Destin for the Labor Day holiday and since we couldn't stay the entire four days, we decided to make it for one. We woke up at ten-ish on Saturday and dropped the kids off at the inlaws. I drove four hours to hang out with friends that we could have easily hung out with back at home. That's not the point though. Jude is on vacation this week and he needed some manfriend time. We had fun and it was worth the eight hour (total) drive. We arrived at the condo, went down to the beach,

hung out by the pool,

had a delicious grilled steak dinner, and had yummy hot brownie a la mode for dessert. We ended up leaving all the sleepy heads around eleven thirty that night. We were supposed to go sleep by my friend Dawn's in Navarre so I could squeeze in a few hours with her before heading back the next day, but the bitch (I say that lovingly) fell asleep on me before we made it over there, and we ended up getting a hotel. I considered driving straight home that night, but was getting very sleepy by one in the morning. After getting some great sleep, we headed home to see our boys. Life is good.
I didn't take too many pics. I was busy squeezing in fun!

Jude and I

Manfriend time

Relaxing at the pool

Amy cooking

Mandy playing dress up for us, after discovering Majitos

No comments: