CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tiny pieces of my heart

At the end of the first day of school, Aiden got in the car, sat in his seat, put his stuff down and said "Here Mommy". I looked to see what it was and all I could see was his two fingers smooshed tightly together. So I put my hand out and he dropped a tiny pebble in my hand. I asked him "What's this?". He said "That's for you". I told him thank you and put it in a little compartment in my car. The following day, this entire scenario was repeated. Very cute, I thought. Well I picked him up from school yesterday and realized it has been the same ritual every day since the first day of school. He doesn't forget. As I placed the pebble in the little compartment, I had a moment looking at all those little rock pebbles he has picked for me each day.

To me, the rocks would have had no value, but as gifts from him, they are now tiny pieces of my heart. He is just like his daddy; sweet, giving, thoughtful, the list goes on. I am one lucky lady to be surrounded by four caring men, big and small.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwww....that is so sweet:)