CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Rushing it a little?

Last night when we were at church, the boys went in different playrooms down stairs. They had a great time, as they were all all-smiles coming out. As soon as we got in the car, Cullen says "Mom, I have something to tell you". I look at him and he is just a smirking. Me: "What?" Cullen: "There's this girl, and she was just in the same class as me, and her name is Leslie, and we go to school together, we're in the same class, and, well, everybody tells me that she likes me, so tonight, I asked her if she likes me and she said yes, and she asked if I liked her, and I said yes, and now we are boyfriend and girlfriend." WHAT? Fourth grade. OMG! So I asked a few questions about her and apparently this little Leslie had another boyfriend at the beginning of the school year (all of two weeks ago) and they broke up. Now I do not want to start with the name calling yet, lol, but I do not need any little girls breaking my big boys heart. As he was going to bed last night, Jude yells, "Cullen, turn the light out and get in the bed." Cullen replies with, wait, you ready for this? "I have to read my bible first." If you know anything about this household, that was a full on belly laugh. I mean, I am proud of him for the new interest and initiative, but I never in a million years thought I would ever hear one of my young ones say that. It looks like Cullen has a little bit of a church bug, too. When he woke this morning, he found time to fix his hair. He hasn't done that since the second day of school. Seriously. So anyways, this afternoon he called Nanny JuJu and asked her to take him to the mall when he was finished with his homework. She came and got him. When he arrived home, he had a video game and a RING. Yes, they have been courting for twenty four hours and he has purchased her a butterfly Mood Ring that cost FOUR dollars. "It's from Mexico." He was so proud to show this to me and I have to admit I really wasn't sure what to say. I told him it was cute and tried to think back to fourth grade, but that was so freakin' long ago. Isn't this all a little sudden? There is an open house tomorrow at his school and I told him I could not wait to meet Leslie's parents. His response was "They don't know about us. They don't like that she has, you know, boyfriends and stuff." Imagine that! And the plot thickens...

I tried to sneak in his room to get a photo of it at 10:30, an hour after he went to bed, and the turd was still awake. When I grabbed the ring, he was right behind me. I told him I wanted to snap a photo of it; because one day he will appreciate that I did.

No comments: