CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's a new day


I woke up this morning ready to try a new-to-us church. We had been attending church at another location (with a different religion) and I was not getting my full dose of God. Jude and I, when we met, were interested in different religions. I tried to take Jude to my church with me when we were dating, and he did attend once or twice, but he made it clear he was not interested in converting AT ALL. I loved him so that I made a promise to the (fill-in-the-blank) church to convert to (blank) religion and raise my children that way. We married there, and I (with Jude by my side) completed the (a-long-fill-in-the-blank) program. In March of 2005, I was baptised, along with Cullen, and Aiden, at a beautiful candle light Easter service. It has been almost seven years now and I have given it many many attempts. We have tried a few different (blank) churches over the years and it just isn't doing it for me. I'm starving for more! I just feel like I need lots more! More than what I am receiving each Sunday, when we actually attend.
Now, I am not one who likes to discuss politics or religion because it is a rare moment that everyone shares the same exact views, so you won't usually see me blog about it. But today I must slightly, and ever so lightly, mention it. I left the church this morning so emotionally overwhelmed. I shed lots of tears. I took a look at my life and have decided to make some changes. Yes, a little over an hour or two and it was some of the best therapy I have had in a LONG time. Guess what the topic was...depression, anxiety, and so forth. It was about Hurricane Katrina, now the fourth year anniversary, and the way we handle things in our life. Life truly is what you make of it and I am happy to have been shaken this morning. I can't wait to go back again. I haven't felt that way in YEARS.
As far as Jude and I, I told him that I would attend church at ten in the morning on Sundays where I feel I/we belong and will attend church again at five in the evenings with him and the kids, if need be. We can still attend (blank) church as a family. I can make this work. I hope he gives a lot of thought to all of this. I am sure he will. He is always so supportive of me, but religion is bigger than the both of us. A little divine intervention couldn't hurt, either.
After church, we headed to the park together and then to get ice cream.
I absolutely L-O-V-E family days! They always seem to fall on Sundays.










No comments: