CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Totally off track

Life lately has had no track. With Brandi, Granny, kids school coming, etc., I feel like their isn't any structure. I cannot wait to have my life back! Today we woke and I knew immediately I needed to get out of the house with the little rats. I hadn't taken them anywhere since Monday and it was Saturday. We decided to hang with Mrs. Amy and be spontaneous. She came over, we all got in the Big Dick and we drove. After much discussion, we chose to drive to the Northshore to visit our friend Mandy. Do you know where spontaneity gets you? Driving for forty five minutes in the pouring rain! OMG! I hate driving in the rain. Hate. We went to the mall to eat and my children spotted the ride-a-toy section immediately. I bribed them to eat lunch and I would take them there after for two rides a piece. I thought I may have a few quarters on me. I lost Ro while eating for a few seconds, found him with relief, put him in his high chair at the table, he screamed, took him to the bathroom for his scolding, and we finished lunch in semi peace. When we were ready for the rides, I had to back track and make myself a liar. The rides were freakin' seventy five cents a piece and I refused to be raped by the ride-owner. After convincing them that they were going to share one ride, we finished shopping the mall and headed to Mandy's. The day was fun and the boys enjoyed playing with all Hannah and Eli's toys. Mandy taught me all about shortening (for baking) and we called it a day.
I am looking forward to a routine again!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Well, I appreciated you driving to see me!!