CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Who's your Daddy?!

Jude and I started doing something a few years ago that I do not think is strange until it is brought to my attention every so often. Then, I feel dirty and shamed, like I shouldn't do it. The thing I am talking about is calling Jude "Daddy". He calls me "Momma". We have three freakin' kids. That is all you hear around our house. So we say it to each other also. It started when Aiden was born because Cullen calls Jude "Daddy Jude" and I called him "Jude", so we wanted Aiden to say Daddy with the least amount of confusion, not "Jude". Then it stuck. When we are out in public and I say it, I get these OMG looks from friends, so imagine what strangers think. Amy loves to pick on me about it. It was never ever a "Who's your daddy" sexual type of thing; he isn't jealous or controlling where I am asking for permission from him in a sick or twisted way, so I don't think anything of it. Jude's mom gets confused when she is around and Jude says "Momma", but he just states which one he is speaking to and it is no biggie.
But Jude, well, he is my daddy. I like to argue the kids about it all the time. We go back and forth, "He's MY daddy!", then "No, he's MINE!" and so on. Makes Jude feel loved:) I know it. He provides, cares for us, loves us, and that is his name in this household (majority of the time)!
Sometimes, you just have to explain yourself.

3 comments:

Linda said...

I call Bobby Daddy all the time, if I don't, then Reilly calls him Bobby too!

Mellie said...

I call Clint Daddy all time, too. Although I usually do it when I want him to tend to the kids, as in "Daddy, Veronica needs you to change her diaper!"

the life of Denise said...

LOL!! I always tell the kids " go tell daddy"..I call him Scott mostly and Daddy..I never thought about it. ha!