CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Friday, August 7, 2009

MMMeetup, in black and white

The real reason I left the MMM group on such a short notice and (with a little bit of heartache, but with no hesitation) was because my personal feelings were hurt pretty bad by another organizer. Some will say they shouldn't have been, but you can't tell someone how to feel;) It had to do with a child's birthday party incident and I realized a friendship that I thought was there (with someone I really admired and liked) really wasn't, which made me question a lot of other friendships or "acquaintances" within the group. I didn't want to be part of a group that made me (or others) feel the way I felt. There, that's the real reason I left so abruptly. It's off my chest. I still like a lot of the members but get a sense I am the black sheep, so I am happy with the decision I have made. High school was so long ago!
On another note, I am sure this has angered some for me even mentioning it, but it's been over a month and I have kept my mouth shut while others have talked. All I can say to those bothered is..."GET OVER IT!". If you were truly a friend of mine, you'd be understanding. Really. Thanks for your time. I hope all the other members have a better experience than what I left with. The group isn't what it used to be in so many ways.
I will end with this...I want to be friends with people because they genuinely like me for me; not people that only "associate" with me because I am part of a group or the organizer of a group. I didn't foresee this happening when I took on the responsibility of the group back in 2006. Things became clear at the end of this June. I do not need a bunch of fake friends, just a few real genuine ones.


PS-I am a very open person and felt the urge to share this tonight.

1 comment:

Mellie said...

Very well said! I totally get it as I see the same things in our group. I have made some great friends through the group, but there are others who don't give me the time of day otherwise. In fact, I see 2 moms at the Y every morning and they pretend not to know me, when actually they have been to my house for group events. If the group turns to more people like that, I won't be around.