CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Friday, August 28, 2009

I live...

in the carpool lane. Yes, this morning I found a way to beat Roman's thunder stealing ways. I parked on the side of the school, left Cullen and Roman in the car while I walked Aiden into class, got back in the car and circled the block to drop Cullen off in front. Aiden needs to be at school by 8:30 and Cullen by 8:50 at the latest. Same school. Aiden needs to be picked up at 3:00 and Cullen at 3:45. See where my problem comes in? There is always a car line! In the afternoon, I end up in the car with Roman for an hour straight, trying to be sweet picking Aiden up early, so he doesn't have to chill in class until Cullen gets out. Eventually though, that will be the plan. Aiden walks in class in the mornings and doesn't look back. He is loving being a big boy. I volunteered at the school today and it was hot in the shed. I invited my mother in law to come and they had a pretty good turnout of volunteers. I got to meet a few moms and plan to do this "Friday Snack Shack" event every other week. I got to see the boys throughout the day also. We were there for four hours. It feels good doing something for the public school. I always felt like the previous private school Cullen attended took a large amount of tuition, and kept on wanting more money. More money, more money, more money! So similar to the past few Sunday church experiences we have had but that is a totally other topic! I understand the needs and all, but there is something about this new school that makes me want to give, give, give. Maybe it is because it is public/tuition free, I really don't know. I just want to be involved.
When evening came, we ate at our favorite Mexican restaurant with Nanny and Paw Paw. The place is always so loud, it drowns out my angelic children's voices and our table of seven fits right in:)
I am not feeling too upbeat these past few days and I am sure it has a lot to do with the latest medical issues I have previously discussed in my blogs. I am hoping that things start to turn around soon. I do not want to get on another med. I am just feeling, overwhelmed, I guess you could say. I need a routine. Granny is not doing so well and I am worried for her. I guess the upcoming week will consist of me driving across the lake a few extra days to stay with her. Please keep my Granny in your prayers.
Oh, and Roman has been super duper sweet. He is loving that we are hanging alone during the day. He is full of kisses, "lub lou's" and all that good stuff. I think we will do just fine on our own for the next two years!

No comments: