CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Pre-Kindergartener's first day of school


Yesterday was Aiden's orientation at school. His first half/half day. It was two hours and forty five minutes of half the children (ten) and their parents sitting in their classroom, reviewing what is expected from everyone. It was all very exciting. Seriously. Aiden met some new friends. I really liked his teacher and the assistant teacher. We did a little touring and met with the principal. As the big tour of the school began, I grabbed the head of the Parents Organization and signed up to volunteer and be on the org. I am so eager to get involved in their school. Well, apparently, I am also a sucker, as I signed up to work in the Friday Snack Shack in two days. That is a little shed with a very very tiny a/c and NO insulation, popping popcorn and selling snacks in the heat. Fun! We all ended up back in the classroom and as I sat there looking at the other parents, I realized majority of these people will be in my life, maybe, for the next 14 years. Since Aiden is in a Spanish Immersion program, the same twenty kids progress to the next grade, together, each year. They do not have different classes with different students each year like normally. Thank goodness everyone appeared nice (and decent). I also found out I can walk him to class all next week so that does comfort me.



In the evening we hung out with the Castillo's and ate my leftover homemade lasagna for dinner. The boys let out a ton of energy and I got to hang with my friend:)



Today he went a full day and he really likes it. As I was dressing him, he said "Momma, I am going to miss you today while I am at school." Melted my heart. I walked him into his class this morning and I had Roman with me. Roman didn't want to walk in the classroom door and started throwing himself to the ground. I picked him up, but not before he knocked some papers off the wall. I was in a tizzy and eager to get out. Ro pretty much stole Aiden's thunder this morning. When I picked Aiden up in the afternoon, he was all smiles. I asked him if he missed me, to which he replied, "No, I had my friends, I didn't miss you." I am not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. Broke my heart.
When Aiden came home, he pooped on the potty twice. I was doing a dance that he is FINALLY interested in the toilet for more than just number one. Anyone who knows me, knows this is an issue I have been fighting for the past two years. Aiden had said that once school started, he would poop on the potty, and THAT HE DID. I realize this boy has worked me for two years and he COULD HAVE used the potty all this time if HE really wanted to, but it is what it is. I had known it was a control issue from very early on and had tried EVERYTHING under the sun to train him. HE WON! I finally told him that he was not going to be able to go to school if he didn't learn to do it right. I also said that I no longer cared if he did it, but he should do it for the right to go to school. He is four years five months, and forty five pounds. Do you know what it is like changing a child that size/age? The grossest thing imaginable! Anywho, I hope we are FINALLY on the right track. School is going wonderfully!

No comments: