CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Congratulations Jennifer and Shane!


One of my favorite married couples renewed their vows tonight after ten years of marriage and it was a blessing to watch. Why are they my favorites? Because I like both of them; not just one or the other. I love them together, as a couple. They have two of the most beautiful children and they raise them well. They both are so sweet and would do anything for you. In high school, if you would have told me these two were going to date, much less be married for ten years with two children, I would have never believed you. I know I am not alone on this one. But the odd couple got together and they compliment each other wonderfully. I had a funtabulous time at the reception after and I don't think I have laughed that much since the last time I was in MS. I can't wait to see all the photos. I also am excited that one day Jude and I will be renewing our vows in the future, just like them.
I knew of Jennifer back in high school and Shane and I hung around some of the same people back in the day in MS. Thirteen years later, in 2007, I am on myspace and see a picture of a girl from Mississippi that I went to H.S. with on my friend Amy's page. Amy grew up and lives in Louisiana and is my BFF. I asked her how did she know Jenn from MS and she replied, "Jennifer is my cousin." How weird is that? Small world. Then, a few months go by and a mutual friend of mine and Jennifer's from school goes "missing". I get involved, Jenn gets involved, and now we have an awesome friendship almost two years later.
To Jenn with the great booty, and Shane with the big country truck, you are a beautiful pair and I am honored to call you friends. I look forward to many more years of laughter together and I hope you have many more years of marital bliss!

1 comment:

Raising Davis Darlings said...

That is so wonderful. They are an inspiration to us all!