CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

My spectacular Thursday

Zoo with Cullen
This morning I had the honor of chaperoning Cullen's class field trip to the zoo. I wasn't sure what I was walking into with thirty wild eight and nine year olds but it turned out to be nice. It was very hot and I wore no make up so I could wipe the sweat off my face at any given time. For the most part, we only had to watch our child and one additional kid. We took a boy named Justice with us (his dad is a lawyer, hence the name, kinda neat) who is a good friend of Cullen's. Another mom from my neighborhood was there so we stayed together with her two boys through the zoo. It was cute to see Cullen mingling with his buddies. The girls were wild! The screeching and screaming, bossiness, and boy chasing was out of control. Thank goodness we only spent the last hour around them at Monkey Hill.











Long nap
By the time I got home, I had a pounding headache. Jude was off work so we put the boys to bed and we all took a three hour nap. That was so nice. When I woke, it was time to run out the door and have dinner with my BFF Dawn.

Dinner with Dawn
Dawn lives in Florida and I only get to see her about once a year. We met in a very bad time in our lives, the party stage at the age of twenty. We were both hanging out with the wrong group of people and met thru them. I could tell she didn't belong with that group and I think she could tell the same of me. We both got pregnant at the same time and our oldest kids are only fifteen days apart. We both got married to two guys that were friends and we hung out often. She eventually moved to Mississippi, I remarried, and she later moved to Florida. It has been a sort of tradition to meet for dinner for the past few years. Her mom always comes along (sweet funny lady) and we get to catch up. I met her at a Chinese restaurant tonight and got to visit for two hours. I miss her and hope one day we will live near each other again. Oh, and she blogs for me. hehe She has lost a lot of weight and looks great. I am totally envious;)
Us now, ten years later

Dawn's Mommy

Dawn back in the day

Us then


I pee pee!
Earlier, on my way home from the zoo, I got a phone call from Jude. He informs me that Roman was taking an afternoon bath, jumped out the tub, put the child potty seat on the toilet and made pee pee, all on his own. How is it that I stay home with this child every day and the one day I am gone, he goes and does something BIG? I was so proud that I let it slide. Ha! He just made two on Monday and I hadn't tried the potty with him yet. I am still working on Aiden, damn. I guess he is ready and he showed us this today. As I was putting him to bed tonight, I said, "Roman, you want to make pee pee on the potty?". He jumped up, said "I pee pee" and ran to the toilet for a repeat performance. I cannot tell you in words how excited I am!! Maybe my two year old can teach my four year old how to poop on the potty.

I love you cause you bring me places
Those are the words I hear from Aiden on a daily basis, starting this past week. He can't just say "I love you" now. It has to be followed up with "cause you bring me places". He has been informing me of this for the past six months or so but now I am starting to hear it daily. I feel like it is the ONLY reason he loves me. Maybe if I get him a chauffeur, he will have to find another reason to love me. Go ask your toddler "Why do you love mommy?" and tell me what they say, please.

No comments: