CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Play-dating with Lilly and friends and the imaginary tooth fairy

Today we went to Amy's house with our MF's for Lilly's second birthday party. She is just a few days younger than Roman and we partied it up with Elmo and friends. We had a fun morning hanging out with everyone.
Roman says "Not now, brother, there's cake!"


When we left, since we were passsssing the Krispy Kreme, we just had to stop and get some donuts. Here are two silly boys in the back seat with new hats...



When the evening came, Cullen came home and had a big question for me.
"Is the tooth fairy real?"
I replied, "Of course baby."
He was giggling and couldn't stop asking.
My reply was "If you don't believe, you don't receive. It's your choice, Cullen."
It was a bit odd. He had just lost a tooth two nights ago and remembered to put it under his pillow last night. At 1:30 in the morning, I snuck in his room quietly, grabbed the tooth, threw two dollars under the pillow and went to bed.
Well, he was sitting at the table tonight and just started pouring his eyes out crying. I asked what was wrong and he said "I saw you come in my room last night. I stayed up all night waiting for the tooth fairy and you came in at 1:30. I was quiet and when you left I didn't go to sleep until 3 in the morning because I was so upset. The tooth fairy ISN'T real!"
I then explained he is a big boy now because he knows the truth and explained the tooth fairy "process" over the past nine years, as I cuddled him in my arms like a newborn. I reminded him that he has two little brothers that still believe and to keep it all a secret. I am sure Aiden will find out by the time his next tooth falls out.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Bless, his heart! I remember when my mom had to tell me about Santa, etc. I cried and cried. My younger sister, on the other hand, figured it out and could have cared less. Sometimes, I think older siblings are more sensitive.

Angele said...

How sad;( Poor baby...or big boy!!

Mellie said...

aww poor darling! He must have really wanted it to be true.