CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day, Jude!

I may not say it to Jude often, and it's not that I take him for granted, but he is an amazing father who has more patience in the world than any man I know. I sometimes find the chaos in our home overwhelming, but Jude takes it as almost music to his ears. He loves the noise! He loves our children and provides so much for us so we can have a comfortable life. The fact that I get to stay home with our children and create many special memories is something I only dreamed of until marrying him. I love that I can take many photos of the children's daily activities and email a few pics to him and blog about it when the day is done. It wouldn't be possible without Jude. He works very hard and takes a lot of crap from his job of fifteen years, that I am sure if we didn't exist, he wouldn't do. He tries so hard to balance work and family, and I know that's a job in itself. He is some one's favorite in this house at ALL times. He sometimes plays board games with the kids in the evenings, or takes them to the library, he always reads them books at night, bathes them ninety five percent of the time, and loves watching kid movies with them. He likes to take them swimming at the gym, fixes them breakfast on most of his days off, and will build Lego's with them until they all are used up. He comforts them when they are hurt, settles disputes between them, and can fix just about anything they need fixed. Every day when Jude walks in the door from work, he is welcomed home with a kiss from each of us. (At the moment, that is three or four kisses guaranteed every day.) At times, there is even fighting on who will open the door for him. He is a hero in our home and I am a very lucky girl to call him my husband. He may not be perfect, but he has few imperfections in my book. I married the right man for me, and in good times and in bad, he never changes the way he fathers our children and I am most thankful for that. I know at times I feel like I could be a better parent, and he goes through that too, but from my personal view, he is doing a wonderful job and we are all blessed to call him our daddy here. Thank you, God, for this man!

No comments: