CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Two thirds of a break

This morning I woke hoping to send all three boys to their Aunt Dawn's house. She wanted to take them to see a movie today. Well things do not always go as planned and Aiden woke up with 103 fever. I had a baby doctor appointment to go to, also. I dropped Aiden off at my m-i-l's and then the other two at Aunt Dawn's so I could go sit in the doctor's office waiting room for two hours. (Oh, it was busy there.) So my free day didn't turn out the way I had hoped. We did get to do another ultrasound and see our handsome little man,

whom I say looks like Roman after today's viewing. He is an active little child, moving way more than I ever remember his brothers moving. We have a VHS tape of today's show, but no VCR in the house to play it on. Hmmmm. After the doctors visit, I picked Aiden up and I was going to take him to McDonald's for some mommy and son alone time lunch. I felt bad that his brothers were out enjoying a movie while he was not. We pulled in the parking lot and the skies opened up, loud thunder, and lightning you could see in the car. Scared me half to death. I kindly asked him (looking all petrified) if we could get our lunch to go and hang out at home. He was supportive and agreed. We got home, ate, and have hung out all day on the recliner. He still has a high fever of 103 this afternoon.

This is day five of his illness and the highest the fever has been this week. (He even let mommy take a picture for the blog. What a sport!) What could have been a day all about me turned into a day all about him. Isn't that the way it always goes though? But, I wouldn't trade him/them for the world!
A break from two out of three ain't bad:)
Thank you Aunt Dawn and Megan!

No comments: