CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Pregnancy brain

Tonight, I didn't feel like cooking dinner, but I had already defrosted crawfish tails to make an etouffee. I forced myself in the kitchen and made sweet tea, cooked some rice, and almost finished the crawfish etouffee when I noticed it was very foamy and bubbly. I kept thinking it just didn't look right. Then it hit me! I used baking soda instead of corn starch in it. OMG! I blame it on pregnancy brain. For the rice, well there was one little itty bitty rice bug hanging out on top of the four cups of rice that I had just cooked. I should have went with my instincts of NOT COOKING. Looks like Jude will have leftovers from last night and the boys will have pizza. What a waste of time (and food)!

2 comments:

Raising Davis Darlings said...

How funny!! I guess you should always listen to your little inner voice. :)

Stitches In Cotton said...

HAHA! At least you tried.