CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Let me out the house!

This morning Aiden woke up fever free and all three boys were home. I tried my best to stay home, worried that he could relapse, but around noon I said screw it. I was going nuts. Each child was sent to their room at least once this morning. Cullen has been quite the handful, too.
**About a month ago, I went to Cullen's pediatrician to ask about his ADHD medication. He has only gained two pounds over the past year and the doctor said five to ten pounds is the norm. I informed him that I am concerned about Cullen's slow growth rate and was worried his medication could be affecting him. My goal was to ask for the patch, as I have heard it is better than pill form for eating habits. Well, goal-schmole. The doctor said that his current medication was the best one and if I was worried about his eating habits, I should take him off his medication during the summer to fatten him up. Not what I wanted to hear, but he is the doctor and Cullen does eat like a horse on days he forgets to take it. So, once summer started, oh, a few days ago, Cullen was ready to heed the doctor's advice. (He hates the fact that he has to take medication.) Friday morning he stopped his ADHD meds and my old wild Cullen is back. I think by the end of this summer, pregnant and all, I will need medication! My next option is to put him on a lower dosage, so he eats a little more and still has a little help from his meds. I am trying med free first, for Cullen's growth and for his preference.**
Getting back to today, I called Amy by twelve and asked if she had any plans. She didn't and was happy to get out of the house as well, so we headed over to a bounce house and let the kids run free. The boys played so well together, it was refreshing. An hour and a half later, it was nap time. Nice! Cullen rode his bike and I enjoyed the quiet. It is going to be one extremely long summer.








No comments: