CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's a date!

Roman, my three year old son, and Delaney, Amy's almost two year old daughter, are close in age and I have been waiting for them to get along and start noticing each other/playing together. The most Roman says to Delaney is "Stop looking at me!!", which I know he means lovingly. Well yesterday we hung out together and Roman gave Delaney her first compliment. I told Roman he was pretty (he'd just got a haircut), which in turn he usually yells "I'm NOT pretty!". But this time he said "I not pretty, Laney pretty." Whoa! I don't know where that came from but he is right. So today, all the kids ran outside to play, then after a little while, everyone came in except Delaney and Roman. When Amy and I noticed that, we went quickly to see what they were up to. We found them at the little picnic table together...playing.

Finally, they play! Delaney even hugged Roman today when he walked in the door. It must have been the pretty compliment from the day before that got her:) Just look at his smile...

No comments: