CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My summer sucks! (Complaining ahead...)

Aiden has been sick since Sunday night. He has had a fever at night (and in the mornings) for four nights now. He was been chewing on his shirts until the entire front of them are soaking wet and Jude and I really thought he may be breaking in teeth. During the day, he acts fine. Well, last night Jude was about to give him some Oragel and I got a flashlight to look at his teeth. It's not his teeth, it's his throat. Puss filled, red, yucky throat. Now, Aiden and Roman get this about twice a year. It is just a sore throat with fever, and they usually pass it to each other. We take them to the doctor, they test for Strept, it comes back negative, and we go home with no medication. Today, that is exactly what happened, again. I'm drained staying home, basically locked inside, with all three little children. I want to do stuff every day! This week it is Aiden, and next week it will be Roman. Cullen is eating me out of house and home, and the not listening is making me yell. I do not know how parents do it with children that have ADHD and do not have them on some sort of medication for it. I have to tell him to stop doing things five times, in a row, all day long. Annoying his two little brothers until they scream is his top priority this summer. Then, he will turn and ask why am I fussing at him more than them. OMG!!! I may just run away before the summer is over, forget medicating myself as I have said previously.
Me: "Cullen, leave your little brother alone!" x5
Me: "Cullen, go brush your teeth." x5
Me: "Cullen, stop doing that." "Cullen, stop doing that." "Cullen, stop doing that!"...
Me: "Cullen, do not talk to me like that." x5
Me: "Cullen, who is the parent here?! I've got this!" x20

As far as eating (since med-free), he wants TWO breakfasts, TWO lunches, and TWO dinners, with snacks every hour. He has gained TWO pounds in the past week, no kidding. (What am I going to do when all four boys are in the teenage years?) He gained two pounds total all year while taking his ADHD medication. I feel like I am losing brain cells this week cooped up in the house, repeating myself over and over and over. I need a place to escape to so they can burn energy on a daily basis because this "petite" house isn't doing it.

2 comments:

Raising Davis Darlings said...

Plus pregnancy hormones does not help! Hope things get back to normal for you soon so you can get out of the house.

Stitches In Cotton said...

Oh man that sounds like me and Samuel! The past few days have been just like that, but add "Samuel, don't climb my walls."
Yes he was literally climbing the walls well the casing (frame) of our living room.

I didn't realize he was ADHD or that y'all took him off meds. You need to get yourself some support. Find a forum or something you can ask some mom's who have done this for some advice.

With Samuel he works best if we have a routine and I keep him busy all day. No I can't ever find enough things to keep him busy, but any time he's busy, cleaning, washing, wiping, doing "school", crafts, tying things up in the yard he's happy and doesn't cause any problems.

If he's bore for more than 1 minute the trouble starts.

I feel your pain and I hope it gets better for you.