CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Monday, March 30, 2009

The adventures of mommyhood

I woke up today thinking it would be a great day to run errands. My mother in laws birthday is tonight and I have a few things I needed to do. The kids and I got ready and were out the door. I realized soon after I left my cell phone at home. Not that big of a deal, but annoying none the less. First thing I decided to do is return a movie to Blockbuster. I get that done and my next move is Best Buy. As I am leaving the Blockbuster parking lot, I find it hard to maneuver four lanes and go to the turning lane so I decided to go straight and catch the "out of the way" interstate. I get on the interstate, driving along and realize I am going the wrong way, east. Crap! Take the next exit, u-turn, and am now going west. Aiden notices and says "Are we going the right way now, Mommy?" Nothing like a four year old catching your mistakes. He must have been listening to me talk to myself in the front seat. Now, we get to Best Buy and after promising popcorn at the next stop if they behave, we had very few meltdowns. Notice, I didn't say "no meltdowns". I told the cashier as she watched in disbelief "Don't have kids!". We get to our next stop, Target, and the kids are already tired of shopping. I buy the popcorn and drinks immediately. Aiden is spilling his drink and Roman starts throwing the popcorn and spilling his drink. I decided to throw away Roman's snack real quick because I could see where this was headed. Well, Roman starts screaming his head off and I grab a pack of goldfish, not before the entire lanes of checkout stare, and calm Ro down with that. We make it through the store and with Ro only throwing a few goldfish and a few things out the buggy, we check out. The cashier, as we were talking, suggests I put one in day care. Nice! The, there was a nasty lady behind me being rude to the cashier who checked me out and I thought for a second she was going to make a complaint on her. I started to leave and then decided to walk back nonchalantly toward the checkout lane to make sure she didn't because I was going to vouch for the nice cashier. Well, as I was walking back, Roman starts screaming at the top of his lungs like I had dropped him or something. Apparently, he WAS NOT going back to shopping in his mind. Again, the entire front of the store, staring. I pick him up out the buggy and realize the nasty lady was leaving, too. So, I continue on to Rouses where I promise we will not be long; and we weren't. I let Ro play with my keys to keep him entertained. I didn't need another earache from the screaming. We get home, Ro is knocked out, Aiden will not stop talking, and I realize Ro lost my house key at the grocery. It snaps on and off my key chain. Great! I will just call my inlaws and see if they are home and use their extra key. Wait, no cell phone on me. I decide to drive to their house. Thank God they do not live that far. Guess who's NOT home. Exactly. I go inside (because I have their house key) and use their phone to call them. Wait, what is their cell phone number?? I don't have it. I call Jude, explain what is going on. He tells me he is at the hospital with an employee and has no car, he rode in the ambulance. I get his parents cell number from him, call them, and they are at a store a few blocks away. Swing by, get the key, go home, and put all my melted freezer items in the house. If it weren't for some good meds, I would be in a loony bin by now. :) Seriously, you didn't think I could raise three boys and not be on something?! Is it five o'clock, yet?

6 comments:

Raising Davis Darlings said...

Sounds like you had "one of those days"! The joys of motherhood....

girlygirl said...

the joys of motherhood what would we do without them

Blair said...

sorry to laugh, but oh my that is funny. It is a case of the Monday's.

Sorry your day was so bad. Hope tomrrow is better!

Michelle said...

This sounds so familiar! I used to give my keys to Sean in hopes of keeping him quiet. He threw them into a stack of Christmas wreaths at Hobby Lobby. I had to call Kenny who wasn't too thrilled to leave work and get us.

Amanda said...

Thanks for making me smile.....and, could you share the meds???

Mellie said...

Oh my! What a day! I feel for you. I struggle with my two in the stores, so I can imagine your three! I avoid going to more than two stores in one trip if I can. Veronica shrieks like a banshee when she's unhappy, which is usually most of the time.