CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Leaving my job and I get Mother of the Year

As I was getting ready for work this morning, Roman cut his thumb with a pair of scissors from the kitchen drawer and I didn't know it. And the award for Mother of the Year goes to...me! He kept trying to put his fingers by my face and I didn't think anything of it because he wasn't crying or upset. Finally, I looked to see what he was trying to show me and he was bleeding terrible. Now, I repeat, he wasn't crying or anything. Blood was everywhere though once I took his pointy finger off of his thumb. He was putting pressure on it prior, I guess. Blood was on the ottoman, my bed, his shirt, dripping in the sink, all over me by this time; he bled bad. I put a band aid on him and he freaked out. Screamed, cried, tears strolling down the face. I kept kissing it and he kept saying "Mama, boo boo, Mama, boo boo." He kept putting it by my mouth so I would kiss it, repeatedly. He took the first band aid off and I had to put another on with extra tape (that he pulled and tugged at). This went on for ten plus minutes, tears and more tears. I kept comforting him but the band aid was too much for him to handle. I finally fixed him breakfast and it took the focus off his finger. Poor man! It is a pretty bad cut. That child HATES band aids!

As far as my jobby job, after much thought, I have decided I cannot work at the KVK much longer and wrote my dear friend/boss Rachael yesterday to let her know. I wrote her because we are both emotional people (and good friends) and that was the easiest. I love the store and her, but have many reasons for this decision. I would love to continue to help her out in days of much need, but not two or three days a week any longer.
A few of the main reasons are baby sitter issues, if my inlaws can't do it, it is hard to ask ANYONE to watch 2/3 kids, working on Jude's days off, trying to balance my responsibilities (play dates) as assistant organizer of my MF's group, etc, etc.
I hope I am making the right decision, I feel I am. I feel like if I could find something with more of a set schedule one or two days a week, it could work. Not sure if I will do that or not, though. I am going to enjoy the kids for a while and focus on organizing the house. Lots to do there!

Today is St. Patrick's Day and it is beautiful outside in the FQ. Lots of tourists out and about enjoying the day and I am full of jealousy. Looking for a Leprechaun to steal his pot o' gold!

1 comment:

Cherie said...

I know you'll miss your job, but I hope it means we'll get to see you more!