CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The day so far...BLAH!

I have to vent somewhere, and here it will be. This morning was a mess as Cullen is still sick with a fever. I had to get out of going to work and take him to the doctor. He has the flu! They actually do a swab in your nose to test for it now. Interesting. Now I need to keep him and his germs away from the rest of the family without neglecting him at the same time.
I forgot to mention last night that I did a number on my tire on the way to Party City (before Cherie's) and had a blow out. The tire this morning cost $120. I messed the tire wall up or something to that sort. The items I bought at Party City, balloons (the do-it-yourself kind), all deflated by this morning. $50 bucks down the drain!! Then, on the way to pick up my car, my lovely, sweet, adorable husband tells me that earlier, when he left me on hold on the phone (I was at the grocery) and didn't click back over, well, he was on the phone with the "Fraternal Order of Police". Now, let me tell you about these damn telemarketers. One time, two and a half years ago, on a nice day, I was in a good mood, they called, asked me to make a donation and went into full detail on what the funds are for, etc. Said they would send me a nice little sticker for my car showing that I support them, yadda yadda yadda. I donated. They said it was their annual collection, whatever. A few months later, they call again. I tell them I already donated. They hassle me even though I am clearly not interested. I get disgusted that I even donated in the first place and hang up. They call again, they get Jude on the phone, he donates. I give him a full lecture about this. He was already fully informed prior. Tell him to not do it again because they call way to much, sure in the hell not "annually". Fine! They continue to call me during the day every few months and I ask them not to, time and time again. Well, low and behold, they got Jude on the phone this morning, and guess what my fantastic husband does......he donates. I am so pissed off today about this and I know I shouldn't let it get to me like it has BUT I feel like he is paying them to harass me. They are getting rewarded for calling us over and over for their "annual collection". He doesn't seem to grasp why I am so upset over this. He claims he did it for the sticker. Hopefully, by the end of the day, he will realize. I hate telemarketers! Jude is the type that will give out our social security number, credit card info, blood type, whatever. He loves doing phone surveys. I have preached and preached on to him about it, but he still finds a way to answer the phone and do it. I catch him at times, and he acts totally busted. He knows better!! So the lesson of the day is DO NOT DONATE to the F.O.P., unless you would like to contribute every few months to their "annual collection". Oh, and it is not a tax deductable donation. Don't ask me why. I have no idea.
As for the kids, well they are all napping and mommy couldn't be happier. It is my turn to relax!


*We are on the state "do not call list". Whatever!

1 comment:

the life of Denise said...

OMG!!! I too made the mistake of donating..it was fine in LA..but here in TX..they call all of the time...and if you don't send a payment..the GET MAD!!! WTF??? they suck..I hate telemarketers and I never answer the phone now...thanks to them. blahhhh