CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

Last night Jude and I celebrated VD together. We only had a sitter for Friday the 13th, so we took it. We got all dressed up and went to Ruth's Chris in New Orleans. Dinner was delicious and a tad bit romantic. Jude bought me a necklace from Mignon Faget from their Valentine's collection (see below) and some great soap and powder from Victoria Secret. I never really get nice presents like that from him, but like I said in my previous blog, he WAS in the dog house. I bought him a card. I also told him my real present to him was "forgiveness". He was touched.



My mom slept over last night to babysit so I got some video of her today, sharing Valentine kisses with Roman. So sweet. *Thanks, Mommy!*
Aiden went to a school today to get tested in for Pre-K and we had been practicing the basics all week: alphabets, colors, numbers. Parents are not allowed to go in with the children for testing, so when Aiden came out, the questions poured out of our mouths. We asked him what he had to do. He said "I had to draw my family and I forgot to put feet on you and Daddy. I didn't do good." That broke my heart. He was feeling insecure about a Pre-K test. We reassured him that we were sure he did great and that he is so smart. Then he says they asked him to write his name. OMG! He has no idea how to do that. So we know now we didn't study the correct things, but that doesn't make him any less of a precious intelligent baby boy. The official results come in at the end of March, but we will be looking into other schools. When we got home, I asked him to draw his family on a Magna Doodle, it was circles with circles in them, with long lines drawn from them. Basically, he explained in not so many words, we are a bunch of walking eyes. I guess that is how he views us. :) Notice baby Roman at the bottom.

Roman is a monster with chocolate Valentine candy in his veins...

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Pretty necklace!

Mellie said...

Glad you had a nice V-day! Love the necklace. I don't think Val would do well on a test like that. For us, she's great at answering things but she gets really shy and quiet when others ask her questions!

Cherie said...

Great necklace, I didn't know you were going to Ruth's! We all know Adien is the best, I hope the school realizes it, too.

the life of Denise said...

Wow! LOVE that Valentine's day gift..know what I got?? a gift cert for botox since Scott says i have been going on and on about it lately. LOL okkkk...didn't expect that though. Is that a good gift? Im still scared to take the plunge..or should i say NEEDLE? LOVE The pics of your family that Aiden drew :)