CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

De, Boo, and Shammy

All of my boys had nicknames when they were brand new. These weren't planned nicknames, nor were they normal names.
Cullen started off at a few months old as BaBa DeDe. We just came up with it one day and it stuck. We then shortened it to De. He was De for the longest time. Soon after it was Scully Boston (Cullen Austin). Then, Cunny.
Aiden started off as Sta-boo, Boosh-ka. Then we shortened it to Boo. Jude's parents were so afraid we were going to continue to call him that his whole life. But, like with Cullen, I knew it would eventually fade when he reached the terrible two's and I started yelling their first and second name, consistently, "Aiden Jude!!".
Roman started off as Shimmer Shammer, Shim Sham. Then, it was Shimmer. I wasn't a fan of Shimmer because I could see his future with a boa, glitter, and dancing on stage. Jude had started Shimmer.
I made a song off of it and it goes a little something like this...
He's the Shim
He's the Sham
He likes the glitz and
the glam

He's the Shimmer
He's the Shammer
He's got a trimmer and a hammer!
We ended the nickname saga with Shammer. Aiden took on to it and Ro has been Shammer or Shammy to Aiden SINCE. That, we cannot break! I wonder what the future holds for Ro in school with his big brother calling him "Shammy".
Now, I call Roman, Ro. Lately, it has been "Roman Alexander!!"


One year ago

No comments: