CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Friday, February 27, 2009

The true love of my life

What doesn't break you, will only make you stronger.
That is the saying. Well, after all Jude and I have been through in the past weeks, I have to say it is totally true. I won't go into details because they are ugly. I really feel Jude is my true love. I had to be married once before, a starter marriage so to speak, to really truly appreciate Jude. I am one of those that believe everything happens for a reason.
Besides Jude loving me unconditionally, these are a few perks of being his wife.
He accepts Cullen and treats him as he is his own, from day one.
He adores his chidren. He adores me.
He is not a jealous person and lets me do lots of stuff with my friends, never complaining.
He cooks dinner after working all day if I do not feel like cooking that night.
I may even catch him doing dishes at times.
He doesn't 'expect' me to clean the house, only to keep the children fed and well.
He bathes the boys at night and dresses them for bed. Every night.
Then, he reads them bed time stories and puts them to bed.
On his days off, he will keep the kids while I run errands or go get my hair done.
He takes off work when I need him to.
He works eleven hour shifts, five days a week, and still does all of the above.
A lot of people wonder why I talk him up so much and always brag on my Jude. I am the wife that wants to spend time at home with her husband every minute I can. I always want him.
We were on this sort of honeymoon for five years and the past few weeks came close to breaking us. It came out of nowhere. It was scary. I am happy to say things are lovely again. It was a big bump in our marriage, but not one we couldn't overcome. I want Jude to know just how much I appreciate him and how lucky I am to have him in my life. I cannot imagine life without him. I could never love anyone else the way I fully, unconditionally love him. I put him on a pedestal, and at the same time, realize he is only human. Let this be my reminder of what I have at home! We are rich in love, not in money!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I think that is beautiful. And I am certain Jude feels the same way about you. We are human and we do make mistakes. It's just important to never repeat your mistakes and I'm sure he never will.

Amanda said...

ALL marriages go through bumps, some bigger than others. It is your choice to go over them together or to let them separate you. I applaud you for admitting your bumps, most don't. I am so happy everything is going well now!

Cherie said...

I was so glad to read this, and thrilled that you are in love again.