CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Beaches are a gift from God.


Really!!

We left a little late this morning for Destin from Niceville. I could not get moving! The clouds were out and it wasn't looking to good for us. Jude was bitching the entire time that it was going to be my fault if it started raining and we had to leave the beach, not getting a full day out, because I wouldn't get up and ready fast enough. Blah, blah, blah. We decided to go to Henderson State Park and that was the PERFECT plan.

The beach was beautiful, immaculate, not too crowded, and they had showers. Woo-hoo! As the day went on, the clouds slowly left us. At one point, Jude was saying it was a tad chilly, in July, mind you. I told him God had the outdoor air conditioner on for me so I wouldn't be sweating like I was in hell, sitting on the beach. We had bought a little ten dollar blow up boat for the boys

and tried to put Ro in it in the water. He fussed and laid on his stomach the entire time, mumbling.

When asked if he wanted to get out, he would shake his head NO. While in the water, with the waves rocking him, he passed out. I pulled him ashore and sat next to the inflatable boat.

He slept for at least two hours. He was so cute! I finally rubbed his head and back, tired of sitting on the beach watching part of my family play in the water, and woke him. He sat up and continued on with his beach business.

I took my pocket camera out in the water and got a bunch of photos.

The boys had a blast. Cullen stayed on his boogie board the entire time.

Aiden split his time equally in the water and in the sand.

Both the boys made friends near us and played with them. Roman played in the sand a lot.

He also did a lot of supermodel poses in the very very shallow part of the water. He would get on his hands and feet, arch his back, lower himself in the water, splash,

roll over,

and then jump up to play in the sand some more. Kind of like a little piggy in filth. Of course it was adorable. Paw Paw (Jude's dad) went with us both days and I think he had as much fun as the boys, wading out in the gulf. He is a fish, too. We had yummy Lenny's for lunch, played till five, and drove home in the wonderful rush hour traffic. It was worth it. The day was P-E-R-F-E-C-T!

Once we got home, we dressed and went out to dinner

with one son (they have three) of Uncle Dan and Aunt Becky's, Sean,

and his family. This was Aiden's favorite part of the trip. He will tell you this was; meeting his little girl cousin who is only a few weeks older than him.


They were so sweet together! I took plenty more pics. They chatted the entire dinner.


After, it was back home for more Wii and now off to bed. We have a long day in the country to look forward to tomorrow!
Aiden building sand castles

My man catching some waves




This was the best they would give me!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Roman asleep face down in the boat is hilarious and cute!

Angele said...

Looks like ya'll had a great time!1 I can't believe Roman fell asleep in the boat. Too cute!