CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Friday, July 10, 2009

Sardines

Today, I am not in the same writing mood as I was yesterday. It is 9 pm and I just woke up from a late nap about an hour ago. We all did. Roman has our sleeping schedule so off from last night, we were just happy to get some sleep.
Jude and I took Aiden to the potty doctor yesterday to follow up on all the issues we are having with him and training. I am happy to report that Aiden was an extremely good boy. I am sad to say that nothing really came of the visit. The doctor did give me a little more advice, but not much (guess I am looking for a miracle) and told me to come back next month. So the problems continue. School is next month and I have a feeling he will not be going long. He may make it a week. It makes me very sad to think about.
Today, Roman was looking a little less spotted (he had coxsackie virus this week) so Amy and I headed out to the fabric store. I found a few crafts that I really didn't need, but totally wanted, so I bought a few things. After, we picked up lunch, let the kids play, and painted little masterpieces ourselves. We have two trips coming up at C & C and we can not wait. We love painting! The tree I did came out nothing like the picture, but I ended up liking the hideous little thing in the end.
Their original

Yeah, that bad!

The boys played for hours and it was a good day. Tomorrow we have a birthday party to go to out side of town so it should be another action packed day.
This week, as I was home with Roman majority of the time because Aiden spent a lot of time at his Nanny and Paw Paw's, I did a few things to the house to make it more home; decorated with curtains, pillows, bedding, etc. We have been here almost three years and I still struggle with my love for this home. It is a small house and it has an unflattering layout. We bought it after Hurricane Katrina when the prices were sky high and it was hard to find anything decent in our price range. I was so happy to find it at the time because it moved us back to where we wanted to be. Almost immediately after moving in, I realized just how small it was and losing three hundred square feet in the move really did matter. I love our area and like the house for the most part, I just wish we had more room. I still need to paint to personalize it and would like to do a few more minor renovations. To have another child, we would need a larger house. I know that and I hear it often. Back in the day, people use to have big families. How did they do it? I know everyone didn't have five, six, seven bedroom homes. People lived in tight quarters. Now it seems like that is so abnormal. I wonder when it changed. People have so much more "stuff" these days. I know we will not be buying another house in our area for more money anytime soon, so what do we do? I don't want to move out the neighborhood, as I stated in my last blog. It is such a tough decision. We could stay sardines for a few years more, then move in the future as the kids continue to grow larger. lol To have another child, or not. I want one more. I would be content with four. And the decision lingers in the air...
*I just want to note as I sat here and tried to type tonight, I had Roman sitting on my left watching tv in the recliner and Aiden sitting on my right, kissing me through the entire blog. They both crapped in the last ten minutes so I took a break to change two children. The finale was one minute ago when Roman threw up apple all over me (got in my mouth) my clothes, his clothes, the recliner, and the floor. I am done for this evening. Bye!
Barf boy declothed

Transformers rule!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

My husband is from a family of seven and they all laugh about how he used to have to sleep in the closet because there was no room. Can you imagine that now? :)I'm sure things will end up working themselves out if you decide to add another little "monkey." We are hoping for four in the future also.

Raising Davis Darlings said...

You can do it with the size home you have. It takes organizing the stuff you do have and getting rid of stuff that you really do not need. The children have to share rooms, toys, clothes, etc. My grandmother raised 4 boys in a three bedroom house. I don't know how she did it, but I guess you do what you have to do.