CHRONICLING THE DAILY LIVES OF FOUR CUTE BOYS, THEIR FATHER, AND A MOTHER TRYING TO SURVIVE IT ALL WITH A LITTLE BIT OF SANITY LEFT.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Seaweed Central


We left for Florida this morning a little after 6 a.m. I was extremely tired so decided to let Jude drive the whole way. Yes, this was MY decision. He hates to drive, I love to. We picked his parents up (and their dog)

and were on our way. I put head phones on and listened to my mp3 player the entire trip, while sleeping. That blocked out Jude's music on the radio, the kids portable dvd players, the bickering, anyone speaking, etc., etc. I think I found a new way to travel! We stopped at Cracker Barrel

and had a yummy breakfast. It is a tradition to stop at one on every vacation. I love me some C.B. and the closest one to us is thirty minutes away. So vacations are how I get my C.B. fix throughout the year. Anywho, Roman was acting like a nut and I know we were about to ruin every ones breakfast in there if I let him continue, so I told him I was taking him to the bathroom, and I did. When we got in there, I sat him on the counter, fussed at him about being in a restaurant and acting that way, spanked his bottom (lightly) and told him to stop the crap. He did and we quietly walked back to our seats. That was Roman's first official trip "to the bathroom". As this old man was leaving, he stopped at our table and said "I don't know what you did when you left the table but I just want to say thank you". Roman was good for the rest of the meal. When we were about thirty minutes from Niceville (our destination), the kids started to whine. I pulled out a trick I learned from Blair and handed out suckers. The rest of the car ride was pleasant. As soon as we arrived at Aunt Becky's and Uncle Dan's,

we unpacked and headed for the beach in Destin. We evidently picked a bad spot to go to because the seaweed was out of control.

So gross I wouldn't go in the water. We were by a nature barrier,

an isolated spot on the beach; now we know why the isolation. We stayed and let the kids play just long enough to say we went to the beach this day. We then headed home, got dressed, and went to dinner. We had yummy Chinese and ended the evening playing the Wii Fit. That is where I found a new love! I hadn't played the Fit before and knew I had to get my hands on one. We all slept soundly!






No comments: